Top Attractions in Kuala LumpurPosted on Mar 30 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Explorationby Anna DewinterPrint
The Malaysian Capital of Kuala Lumpur is an exciting modern city with lots to offer travellers who tour into town, and because of this has become a must see stop on the world tour map with visitors travelling direct or taking advantage of flights to Phuket in neighbouring Thailand to start an Asian Road Trip adventure.
Kuala Lumpur, or KL as it is affectionately known by those who are familiar with this vibrant location is one of the most exciting city destinations in Asia, with booming business having brought a new modern twist to a city founded on mining.
The urban area and surrounding countryside offer an exciting mix of old and new meaning that visitors are sure to find distractions and attractions to suit their taste.
Popular Attractions in Kuala Lumpur
The city of Kuala Lumpur is home to some must see sights that visitors will want to visit during their stay. Popular attractions include:
- The Petronas Towers – The Petronas Twin Towers dominate the city skyline drawing visitors from across the area. At one point the tallest building in the world, the towers are home to an array of entertainments including shopping malls, eateries, a science museum and a modern concert hall that is the base of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. Visitors can marvel at the stunning architecture which pays homage to the areas Islamic culture with its geometric design or take a trip across the spectacular sky bridge 41 storeys above the ground.
- Thean Hou Temple – Situated on Robson Hill, this Chinese temple is one of the largest in South East Asia and offers a spectacular view over the city. A fine example of traditional temple architecture that features a selection of fine fountains and stunning sculptures.
- Fishy Foot Spas – Once confined to this area of South East Asia, fish pedicures have since become popular in the west with top salons and spas offering the opportunity to indulge. However, KL is the place to experience the true “piranha pedicure” as it is affectionately termed with a range of street stalls and spas providing this service, which involved placing feet into a tank of fish that swarm and nibble, resulting in a relaxing tickling sensation as unwanted skin cells are removed.
Family Attractions in Kuala Lumpur
Parents bringing their children to Kuala Lumpur have a wide choice of entertainments to choose from such as:
- Kuala Lumpur Bird Park – Just five miles outside the city centre, the Kuala Lumpur bird park offers the opportunity to get up close and personal with a wide selection of species from flamingoes to peacocks and more. The centre also features some fine fish.
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park – this fun themed attraction is a great choice of day out for families visiting Kuala Lumpur. Just 20 miles outside the city, the water park area offers a selection of chutes and slides, lagoon, river and wave pool. The 80 acre site is also home to a purpose built pyramid shopping centre as well as other attractions including a wildlife park and paintballing.